Senior Hardware Engineer
Readout Health, Inc. is an exciting, early-stage medical diagnostic device start-up company that has a patent protected innovative technology targeted at revolutionizing the noninvasive health diagnostics market. At Readout, we are passionate about designing, developing, and delivering a world class product around this technology that will give consumers and medical professionals the critical decision-making test results they need for improved patient outcomes. To achieve this goal, we are looking for talented professionals to join our team, specifically seeking out unique team members who are driven by challenges and are looking to have an immediate and direct impact on the success of the company.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for the electro-mechanical hardware and firmware quality systems for the BIOSENSE® product including product design, performance, and high-volume manufacturing. This includes generating electrical hardware documents, electrical system design, electronic circuit and firmware design, developing test requirements and test procedures as well as computer-based simulation and data acquisition. You will also work with internal and third-party design and manufacturing partners to produce the final design products with quality and at scale. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, fast-paced engineer who has a passion for learning, getting to the root of complex technical problems and producing robust, high-quality system designs.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and document testing and change orders in compliance with Quality System, regulatory requirements and applicable standards that address marketing requirements and project needs including 21 CFR820 and ISO 13485.
- Lead the Engineering team to ensure engineering standards and best practices are followed.
- Performs system-level, board-level or component-level analysis.
- Characterize unit-to-unit variability due to manufacturing tolerances as well as environmental conditions and potential mechanical changes throughout use life.
- Develop robust, well documented and quantified control schemes to ensure system performance metrics are met throughout range of permitted variability.
- Manage root cause investigations into device quality issues, including designing experiments, analyzing data, and implementing hardware and firmware updates and corrective actions.
- Develop concepts for next generation designs to add functionality, improve performance and reduce cost.
- Design and development of test systems required for verification; performs risk management evaluations and executes test protocols for system verification.
- Identify, document and execute on design and process improvement opportunities.
- Work with contract manufacturers to plan and execute design optimization for Manufacturability and Testability.
- Manage the transfer of hardware, firmware and process changes to the manufacturer.
- Performs hardware and firmware changes and manages QA for new processes.
- Support production builds and equipment/systems as required.
Skills & Experiences:
- BSE (or equivalent) from an accredited university in electrical engineering or similar, MSE desired.
- 8+ years of experience in electrical design with demonstrated success carrying projects through to a robust, verified, producible design and volume production on time and at cost.
- The ability to efficiently analyze and resolve complex electro-mechanical technical issues and evaluate trade-offs to resolve technical problems and achieve overall project objectives.
- Knowledge of an experience with implementing and maintaining compliance with Medical Device standards including IEC 60601, IEC 62304, IEC 62366, etc.
- Understanding of manufacturing tolerances and specified performance variability for mechanical and electrical components.
- Experience in all phases of the product development life-cycle including feasibility, design, V&V and transfer to production.
- Strong knowledge and experience of PCB testing as well as formal PCBA documentation (schematics, PCB fabrication drawings, PCB assembly drawings).
- Familiarity and working experience with electrical embedded systems, firmware and software design and development is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team.
Readout Health is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek diverse applications.
Customer Success Specialist
Readout Health, a St. Louis medical device & mobile app start-up company is seeking a customer success specialist for the St. Louis operations team. The customer success specialist will act as a liasion between future and current customers and internal teams by answering product and service questions and fulfilling customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction. The success specialist will have primary responsibilities of fulfilling orders, providing customer service in a timely manner, and communicating customer feedback to various internal teams. The customer success specialist must posses the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone, and via email and can think logically in order to identify and troubleshoot a wide range of customer issues. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to multitask as well as have a positive attitude and willingness to perform a variety of tasks associated with a fast-paced start up company.
What you will do:
- Provides customer service in a timely manner via several means which include email, telephone, virtual video calls, and live chat
- Analyzes and tracks complains from customers and provides adequate resolutions
- Performs timely order fulfillment including creating shipping labels, processing returns, warranty replacements, while providing continuous status updates to all customers regarding shipping times
- Acts as a liaison between customers and the product team in order to enhance the overall customer experience
- Develops and maintains vast knowledge of the product and create SOPs as needed
- Manage and update training materials, both internal and external, as needed
- Conduct surveys regarding products, services, and customer service experiences
- Tracks proposed resolutions and follows up with customers in a timely fashion
- Prepares documents and reports for future reference
- Communicates customer feedback to various teams – including technical and marketing departments – in order to improve the overall customer experience
- Monitor all social media channels and address customer concerns and inquiries
Minimum qualifications, education, skills, abilities, and work requirements
- Minimum 4 years of customer service experience is required.
- Experience in using remote support tools, help desk software and CRM software like Hubspot and Helpscout are a plus
- Excellent communication skills including active listening
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer grievances
- Has a good understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to learn how to use proprietary software quickly
- Possesses the ability to work with others to resolve customer complains
- Exhibits self-motivation and pays close attention to small details
- Can think logically to provide answers to customer questions as well as resolutions for various issues that may arise
- Exhibits the ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure environment
- Displays the ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Outstanding negotiation and conflict-resolving skills
- Must be flexible enough to be able to work on some nights and weekends
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
About Readout Health:
Readout Health is a venture backed digital health startup company in St. Louis that provides patients and consumers metabolic insights through less restrictive testing. The Company is growing fast and recently launched BIOSENSE, a connected medical device and mobile app to accurately and noninvasively track ketone (fat burn) trends in the breath for clinics managing patients remotely. Beyond BIOSENSE, Readout Health’s core identity is as a world leader in breath sensing technologies with follow-on products designed for both volatile and non-volatile (virus) detection of breath compounds.
Readout Health is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek diverse applications