BY USING THIS SITE, YOU APPROVE AND AGREE TO EACH OF THE TERMS AND PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN OUR POLICY.
The personal and other information that we collect from and about users/visitors/customers is controlled by Readout, which is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. As described in the section below, entitled “Information for Users from Outside the United States,” the information that we collect through or in connection with the Services may be transferred to and processed in the United States.
Collection of personal and other information
As more specifically set forth below, Readout collects “personal information” and “other information” about users, including information you provide, automatically collected information that you may opt into such as information collected from Google Fit and/or Apple Health Kit activity data, and information from other sources. For purposes of this Policy, “other information” is information that the Company cannot directly associate with a specific person without the aid of additional information. By contrast, “personal information,” is information such as a name or email address that the Company can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. When we combine other information with personal information, we treat all of the combined information as personal information.
Readout gathers the following types of information:
You can visit the website without submitting any personal information. However, if you use certain features on the website or the Services, we will automatically collect some personal information and you can submit additional personal information. The general categories of personal information we collect are personal identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, biometric information, health information, internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, electronic, visual, and similar information, professional or employment-related information, information recorded on your device, and inferences drawn from any personal data collected. Such information could include, for example, your name, email address, physical address, precise geolocation data, payment information, and other financial data, telephone number, gender, height, weight, date of birth, ketones, meal and exercise tracking, nutritional ketosis data, physiological parameters in connection with some Services, and optional chronic disease information. Our online contact form also contains a “comments” field through which you may submit additional personal information.
We may also receive personal information from other sources such as your social media, other Readout or third party applications you may use in conjunction with our Services, and other third-party account providers if you log into our Services using your social media account or link your social media or other accounts to the Services. In those circumstances, we may receive information from a third party, such as your email, username, and certain other information.
We may combine personal information collected through the Services with other information that we or third parties collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via email, and information collected by our third-party partners. We will treat such combined information as personal information and protect it in accordance with this Policy.
We also may collect additional information from publicly available sources.
We also collect other information through the Services. Such information may be collected passively using various technologies, or via submission of data by devices configured to work with the Services. We may use such information to track, for example, your usage of the mobile application and BIOSENSE® device. Other information also may be collected in the following ways:
When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, mobile phone, or other devices. This may include data such as your IP address and domain name, the pages you visit or the features you use within the Services, the date and time of your activities on the Services, the files that you download, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Services, your software and hardware attributes (including operating system type and version, app version, device type, and device IDs), your browser type and version, your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region), and certain cookie information (see below). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your computer or device and gather information about its online activity.
The Services or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include personal information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
Third-party online tracking and interest-based advertising
We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the website or in email communications from us. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including online interest-based advertising, as discussed below (see the section entitled “Third-party analytics and interest-based advertising”).
How we use the personal and other information we collect
Readout uses the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. If we have personal information about you, we may use it, for example, to respond to your questions or requests concerning the Services offered by us or our partners; to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us; to fulfill your requests for our Services or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate; to send you information about the Services and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications; to deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications; to improve your user experience and the quality of our products and services; to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements, and to manage our business.
We also may use the information we collect to monetize or add predictive analytics, such as to identify trends, measure the performance of our Services, to develop and market additional products and applications, including potential health research, products, and applications.
We use the non-personal information that we collect for such purposes as counting and recognizing users of the Services; analyzing how the Services are used; improving the Services and enhancing users’ experiences with the Services; creating new products and services or improving our existing products and services; enabling additional website analytics and research concerning the Services, and managing our business. Readout may link information gathered using cookies, Flash cookies, and web beacons with personal information. But in that event, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
We also may use the personal and other information that we collect to send you marketing emails and promotional communications, including emails about the products and services offered by us or our partners. To opt-out of these communications, see “Choices and Access to Information” below.
How we share personal and other information with third parties
We share your personal information and other information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Affiliates and business partners
We may share personal and other information with our corporate affiliates and business partners for the purposes described in this Policy.
Third-party service providers
Readout uses third-party service providers to help us measure the performance, manage and improve the Services, and develop additional products and services. These service providers may collect and/or use your personal or other information to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above in the section entitled “How we use the personal and other information that we collect.” For example, we use third parties to help us target and implement our email communications, host our website, collect payment for our products, and manage our information system. We also use third-party platforms to help us manage our relationships with the people and companies that use our services.
We may share your personal or other information with other third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business. We also may share your personal information with our mobile application partners, such as nutritional applications, for example, to expand our Services or to develop additional products and applications, including potential health research, products, and applications.
Your direct sharing of personal information through third-party websites and services
The Services may enable you to directly share personal information with websites or services operated by third parties. For example, the website contains links to third-party websites that incorporate comments and social media features. The website also contains a Facebook “like” button and a Twitter “follow” button. If you choose to use these features, you may disclose your personal information not just to those third-party websites and services, but also to their users and the public more generally. Because these third-party websites and services are not operated by us, we are not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal and other information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third-party websites or services, and not this Policy.
Please note that any information and material you post or disclose on message boards, forums, online chat programs, profile pages, and blogs will become public information and may be available to users and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, online.
We may ask you to participate in surveys (processed by us or third parties) that help us understand your use of the Services. Any personal or other information provided to Readout (or supplied by you or Readout to such third-party survey providers) in connection with these surveys will only be used in relation to that survey and as stated in this Policy.
We also may use or share your personal or other information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- to comply with applicable law or court order, subpoena, or other legal processes;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or a third party;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposals of all or part of our business or assets.
From time to time, we may also share anonymized and aggregated information about users, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Services, for the development of predictive analytics, measurements, new products, and applications, or for purposes of health research.
Third-party analytics and interest-based advertising
Online interest-based advertising
The Services also enable third parties to collect information through cookies, web beacons, and device identifiers, such as IDFA or Advertising ID, for use in online interest-based advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited our website or used our app to target online ads for Readout to you on non-Readout websites or mobile apps. In addition, we or our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of the Services to help target non-Readout advertisements to you on unaffiliated websites or mobile apps based on your online activity in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
We and our third-party providers may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and computers) for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. We may match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household. This means that information about your activity on websites or apps on your current browser or device may be combined and used with information collected from your other browsers or devices. For example, we or our third-party providers may use this information to deliver the same ad on multiple devices, limit the number of times you see an ad across your devices and help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns across devices.
You may opt-out of our third-party service providers’ interest-based advertising practices and cross-device technologies in web browsers and mobile apps by following the instructions below. Please note that the opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out, and therefore you will need to opt-out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work and you will have to opt-out again.
Web Browser Opt-Out. To opt-out in web browsers, please visit:
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice page at www.aboutads.info/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Consumer Choice page at www.youradchoices.ca/choices
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance Choice page at www.youronlinechoices.eu
- Mobile Application Opt-Out. To opt out of mobile apps, please download and follow the instructions provided in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices tool at www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, some mobile operating systems allow you to opt-out by adjusting the advertising preferences on your mobile device. For example:
- In iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking.
- In Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt-out of interest-based ads.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer or other devices, you also may set your browser to block cookies. Our website currently uses the WordPress DoNotTrack plug-in which will respond to “do not track” browser headers, you can also limit tracking through these third-party programs by taking the steps discussed above.
Readout uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is foolproof, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal or other information.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), as follows:
- Right to Access: You have the right to ask us to send you the following information up to two times within a twelve-month period:
- the categories of personal data we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal data;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal data;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal data;
- the categories of personal data we disclose about you for business purposes;
- the categories of personal data we sell or exchange for consideration about you;
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to ask us to delete the personal data about you we have collected. We may deny the request if the information is necessary to:
- complete a transaction, including providing a requested or reasonably anticipated good or service, to or fulfill a contract between the consumer and Readout;
- detect and protect against security incidents, malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or to take against those responsible for such activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors impairing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech or another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in research in the public interest adhering to applicable ethics and privacy laws where the consumer has provided informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses reasonably aligned with the consumer’s expectations based on the consumer’s relationship with Readout;
- comply with a legal obligation;
- otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
- Right to Opt-out of the sale of personal information: If a business sells personal information to third parties, California consumers have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale or disclosure of their personal information to third parties. To opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Designate an authorized agent: You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Right to non-discrimination: The CCPA grants California consumers the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights. If you exercise your privacy rights, we will not discriminate against you, for example, by denying you access to our online services or charging you different rates or prices for the same services, unless that difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your data.
If you are a California resident and you want to submit a request or inquiry to us regarding your rights under the CCPA, you or your authorized agent can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not have to create an account with us to submit a request. Your request will be confirmed within ten (10) days of receipt and we will respond within forty-five (45) days. If we need more than forty-five (45) days, we will notify you that your request is being delayed.
We can only respond to a request that is verifiable. This means we are obligated to take reasonable steps to verify your identity or your authorized agent’s authority and your right to access the information you request. We may ask for additional information that will help us to do so. We will only use that additional information in the verification process, and not for any other purpose.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
This same California law permits us to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above described information. To that end, you may request that we do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
If you are a California resident under 18 years of age and a registered user of our Services, you may request that we remove content and information that you post on our Services. To obtain removal of such content and information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of the content or information you would like to have removed. Please note that such a request does not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content posted by you, since the content and information may remain in our databases, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user.
Choices and Access to Information
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Readout, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message or email us at email@example.com. We may still send you certain communications relating to the Services you use, such as service announcements and administrative messages.
You have the right and ability to edit certain account information on our Services at any time by logging into your account using the mobile application. Users may also have additional rights to access, review, correct, delete, or inquire about information that we hold about them. To make such a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to verify your identity or request additional information from you before we are able to comply with your request.
Data Retention and Deletion
We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to deliver our Services to you or to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, or as required by law. To request the deletion of your personal information, please send us an email at email@example.com. We will make our best effort to delete all personal information about you. However, please note that certain information, including other information, may be retained in backup databases or for analytic purposes.
Information for Site users from outside the United States
The personal and other information that we collect through or in connection with the Services is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. We also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the Services or by providing any personal or other information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
- GDPR: If you are a consumer within the European Economic Area and your personal data is covered by the General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- The right to request access to the personal data that Readout has about you;
- The right to rectify or correct any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format so that you can transmit the data to third parties, or to request that Readout directly transfer your personal data to one or more third parties;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing and other purposes;
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you;
- The right to the erasure of your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it, as well as the right to restriction of processing of your personal data to certain limited purposes when erasure is not possible.
To exercise any right under the GDPR, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canada: Residents in Canada have the following privacy and access choices available:
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. You may block cookies and similar technologies in your browser or device settings, as and if permitted by such device.
- Interest – Based Advertising. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors, and other service providers.
- Manage Your Account. You may access, modify or delete your account on the settings or profile page, or by submitting your written request to email@example.com. We may ask that you confirm and verify your identity.
- Data Access. Subject to applicable law, you may also have a right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in other personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in the personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
- Promotions and Marketing. You may opt out of receiving commercial email, text message, auto-dialed calls, and other electronic messages from us (excluding transactional messages) by following the instructions contained in those messages.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and Readout does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone who is under the age of 13. We recommend that persons over 13 but under 18 years of age ask their parents for permission before using the Services or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Links to Other Websites or Services
Changes to this Policy
Questions or comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding our Policy, please feel free to contact us at any time at email@example.com.
Revised: November 12, 2020