Frequently Asked Questions
Find our quick start guide, product information, and answers to questions here.
The color scale on the BIOSENSETM device gives you a quick and easy indication of your state of ketosis.
Testing after consuming certain foods or drinks can result in false high measurements. For best results, wait 60 minutes after:
- Drinking sodas or flavored waters
- Consuming items with flavorings such as:
- Cough drips
- Breath mints/Chewing gum
- Lip balm
- Artificial sweeteners
Do not test after consuming alcohol. For best results, wait until the next morning.
Orders & Returns
BIOSENSE™ comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The warranty covers defects or malfunctions in your new BIOSENSE ™. This warranty is valid for one year from time of shipment, and coverage terminates if you sell or otherwise transfer the device.
Readout Health will replace any defective or malfunctioning part at no charge within the warranty period. You will be responsible for any shipping fees. Any issue that is caused by abuse, misuse, or an act of God (such as a flood) are not covered. Also, consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under the Biosense™ warranty.
In order to be eligible for repairs under warranty you must contact Readout Health before returning BIOSENSE™ for repair. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to your questions.
Readout may provide a Return Authorization to review the device. Once your return is received into our system, you will receive a confirmation email. System processing occurs Monday through Friday. Please allow our team one business day, up to 24 hours, once the carrier arrives to receive product into our system. Readout Health does not accept returns without a Return Authorization. Once entered into our system, your return must be inspected by our Quality Assurance team. Please allow 3-5 business days for this process. If there are any questions regarding your return, we will contact you. Once inspection is complete, we will notify you of next steps. If there is a defect that cannot be addressed, a replacement will be sent at no charge. If you are expecting a return shipment, you will receive a shipping confirmation the day of the outbound shipment.
Extend offers you the option to purchase additional protection for your BIOSENSETM for one or two years. This coverage starts after your standard 1-year limited warranty expires. What’s covered:
- Mechanical and electrical failures caused by normal wear and tear, as well as damage caused directly by a power surge
What’s not covered:
- Accidental damage
- Damage caused by abuse or misuse
How do I file a claim?
- Contact Extend at https://customers.extend.com/claims or 1-877-248-7707
There are two possible reasons why your BIOSENSE™ device may occasionally ask you to Try Again.
- If the device was not able to fully prepare the sensor to receive a breath sample, you will see a Try Again message. After this message, BIOSENSE™ will perform additional sensor preparation steps.
- If the device does not detect a breath at the Blow screen, you will see a Try Again message. This can happen if you blow too gently or if you simply forget to blow. After the Try Again message, BIOSENSE™ will revert back to the Press Start screen where you can attempt another breath sample.