Dr. Al Danenberg, a nutritional periodontist fighting his battle against cancer, shares his powerful, personal experience with water fasting.
Dr. Danenberg was diagnosed with incurable bone marrow cancer in 2018. During his cancer journey, he explored a 48-hour water fast, tracking his results with the BIOSENSE device. He begins by detailing the basic benefits of fasting, which include enhanced heart health, reduced inflammation and a strengthened immune system. He then dives into research that details the specific benefits that fasting has on cancer:
Fasting with Cancer:
- Has only mild side effects, such as headaches, dizziness, nausea, and weakness
- Leads to alterations in growth factors and in metabolite levels, creating an environment that will reduce the ability of cancer cells to adapt and survive
- Decreases the level of critical nutrients thereby inhibiting cancer cells from proliferating at high rates
- Sensitizes many types of cancer cells to chemotherapeutic medicines.
- Forces healthy cells to enter a slow division and highly protected mode that protects them against the toxicity from anticancer drugs
- Prevents detrimental and potentially life-threatening side effects and DNA damage from various cancer treatments
Read his entire personal experience on his blog: https://drdanenberg.com/my-personal-48-hour-water-fast-my-cancer-journey/.